Reviewing our JORD wood watch: will it convince us to rejoin the watch-wearing crew once more?

When our JORD watch arrived in the post, Em had already left for uni, which meant it was I (Laur) who got to check it out first. We'd selected our favourite watch on the website, and I was excited to look (and feel) the real thing.
Our watch made its debut on our Instagram account
Em and I aren't religious watch-wearers; watches have always been more of a fashion statement, and I doubt we've managed to keep one on for longer than a month between us (ignoring the pre-phone ages where a watch was more of a necessity, in order to stare down the minutes as they ticked away the last school lesson of the day- ah the good days). But would our new arrival change this?

When I opened the box, I was deeply impressed by the totally unique and almost luxurious design of the packaging. It felt truly like I'd received a gift, examining the carved wooden box, before sliding off the lid and discovering the watch nestled comfortably around a JORD embellished pillow. 

The packaging (apologies for the lighting, my laptop likes to ruin it)
And the watch itself is even more unique- how often do you get to wear something made from natural wood from around the world? 

The excitement didn't wear off, and I wore the watch all day, taking every opportunity to show it off to strangers (as well as glancing at it every now and then from all angles). The only thing I would say is that it was a little loose on my wrist, but that was perhaps my fault as I was told to measure my wrist beforehand and mustn't have been too precise doing that. 

The watch is light, unobstructive, matches most of my outfits with its natural wood colour, and is the perfect statement fashion accessory for the autumn season. I think it would make a brilliant gift because of its luxury packaging that truly makes you feel like some sort of millionaire to be in possession of it! 

Unfortunately, it wasn't long before Em wanted to get her hands on what I had casually started calling MY watch, and it was a sad moment when I had to part with it last week and she shipped it back off to Derby with her, where I keep noticing it gleaming on her wrist on every tagged photo of her on Facebook. I've already made a plan to kidnap it back into my possession.

Beautiful from all angles


So has JORD convinced Em and I to join the watch-wearing crew once more? I would say so. For the week or so I had it, the watch was barely off my wrist. Gone are the days where wearing a watch was sort of uncool, and just a practical necessity. JORD watches are the definition of cool. Just like it became the trend to own an iPhone, I can soon see the trend of owning a JORD watch sweeping the UK.

If you'd like to receive a huuuuge discount on your very own JORD wood watch, you're in luck- there's a competition going on right now that offers the prize of a $75 voucher towards one of the beauties. Simply follow the link below, select your favourite watch and enter.
The watch has a full-on luxury feel

https://www.woodwatches.com/g/twinta1k

You can also find the link in our Instagram bio, if you'd prefer to follow it from there. Good luck everyone! 

Until next time,

Laur x Wood Watches by JORD

0 comments:

Post a Comment

TwinTalk. Powered by Blogger.